Our mission is to provide an educational enrichment program for persons 50 years of age and older for the local community regardless of religious affiliation.
OASIS classes meet on Thursdays for three terms per year - Fall, Winter, and Spring. Classes meet for one to three hours during the day. Some workshops are conducted on Saturdays. For a full list of current courses, click on the link to the right.
The OASIS program offers opportunities for attendees to meet other persons of the same age group. Students attend from approximately 6 counties in Georgia, plus many from Tennessee and North Carolina. Many students have relocated from other parts of the country and have varied backgrounds and experiences. Students find the OASIS program a welcome activitiy each week and look forward with fond anticipation.
There is a small enrollment fee, as well as extra fees for supplies for some classes. These funds are used to help pay for utilities, maintenance, postage, reproduction, equipment, and supplies.
Instructors volunteer their time and skills to the OASIS program. We also have many other volunteers that keep the program running by arranging classrooms, conducting registration, and helping with food service.
OASIS is an adult educational, non-denominational enrichment program for adults age 50 and over sponsored by the First United Methodist Church of Union County in Blairsville, GA. Classes are held in the Winter, Spring, and Fall for eight weeks per session, always on Thursday.
Winter Session 2015
The 2015 Winter Session class dates are January 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, 19, 26. February 26th will be our “Show and Tell” event. Everyone is welcome to bring their projects to be shown that day.
A Schedule of Classes and a Class Registration form are available by clicking here.
- Registration fee is $25.00 per session, even if you take more than one class or workshop.
- Lunch (optional) is $5.00 each week and must be paid a week in advance. Use the application form to make your lunch reservation for the first week.
- Make your check payable to OASIS. Your check should include the $25.00 registration fee the $5.00 if you want lunch (brown bagging is OK) and class fees, if applicable.
- Some classes have a supply fee that is due on the first day of class. Some instructors ask that you buy a book or other supplies on your own. Your instructor will give you that information.
- REGISTRATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON A “FIRST IN” BASIS VIA U.S. MAIL ONLY.
- Telephone, internet, or hand delivered registrations will not be accepted. Do not mail your registration form to the church.
Mail your registration form and check to:
818 Sharp Top Circle
Blairsville, GA 30512
Many of the classes fill up quickly, so be prompt with your application. You will be notified if your class was already filled when we received your application. Otherwise, you may assume that you are accepted into the class or classes of your choice. Questions should be directed to Ruth Twedt at 706-781-6724 or to email@example.com
In case of inclement weather, call the First Methodist church office at 706-745-2073.
We look forward to having you join us this 2015 Winter Session.
Stan Wallace, Director 706-745-2073 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ruth Twedt, Assistant Director 706-781-6724 email@example.com