Wednesday Night Live: Get your calendars out!
Covenant Bible Study: Something New!
Connectional Group Kentucky Mission Trip (Redbird Mission)
Not too late to sign up! So far, there are 18 of us signed up to go on our September Mission trip to the Redbird Mission in Kentucky as introduced by Tom Maryscuk of our FUMC Missions Committee. It’s not too late to come with us or too early to begin praying for us who are going. The week long trip to the Red Bird Mission total cost is $375 per person to cover lodging and meals for the week. We stay at the Red Bird Mission – Google it if you want more info. The dates are Sept 7 through 13 (I will be leaving after church on Sept 7.) Others are going with the larger group earlier in the morning. It’s a light project work week. We are staged from the mission out into the surrounding Appalachia area to do whatever needs to be done. This is a shared trip that our Connectional group is doing together. To help us get to know the other United Methodists from Union and Towns County going on the trip, we are doing a fellowship Bible study gatherings together and rotating that among the churches who have people going. The idea is that we get to know each other before we go sweat together! The next Bible Study fellowship is at Sharp Memorial UMC Tuesday, August 5, at 6:30 pm in the fellowship hall. I am planning on attending this session – come along with me if you like! If you wish to go, we need an initial $188 check from you at this time to reserve your space.
Children Enrichment Center (CEC) – our FUMC Preschool
Women’s Bible Study
Concerns/Praises: PRAY WITHOUT CEASING
- All teachers, students, administrators, and parents working through the change of season as they go back to school
- Mrytle von Staden’s sister (Francis in Maryland) leapt into the outstretched hands of Jesus yesterday
- Mrytle’s daughter Cathy von Staden sure loves cards – her address is 3692 Victoria Drive, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
- Kim Kuykendall – recent loss of her father
- Rev. Rod McClarnon’s sister is having brain surgery on Friday
- Mona Hackney is at home recovering from her new knee replacement
- Deidra Gilbert – Doctor’s appointment on Thursday to hear results of biopsy of mass removed from leg
- Lee and Cindy Weitzel’s 6 month granddaughter – suspected brain mass – testing
- Bill Gleasure’s upcoming lithotripsy procedure to break up large kidney stone
- Marian Malac – regain her endurance and strength with this new pacemaker
- Billy Hendricks sister Karen Peyton in heart and respiratory failure here in Georgia – asked for prayers
- It’s good to have Laura Beth Rogers back home from her mission trip to Brazil
- Manon Thompson – still recovering
- Mark Burgess’ brother (Scott) is having second shoulder replacement surgery tomorrow.
- Lee Dunham’s daughter-in-law (Tammy Dunham) is back home recovering from neck surgery.
- JoAnn Mayhew – current address is Life Care Center of East Ridge, 1500 Fincher Ave, East Ridge TN 36412
- Tim Derflinger/ Jane Driskell / Shirley Cobb / David Heyer / Bob Head / Charlie Wooten – chronic back/pain issues
- Shirley Cobb – doctors now looking at her hip as potential source of pain as well
- Those fighting active cancer from our faith family:
- Valerie Metcalf, Joyce Kible, and others